With two-factor authentication (2fa) enabled, you’ll be asked to provide an authentication code as
well as your password, when you access the Replicated vendor portal. Replicated utilizes the open
algorithm known as the Time-based One-time Password
(TOTP) which is specified by
the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) under RFC 6238.
To enable two-factor authentication :
- Log in to Replicated and visit your account settings.
- Click on the “Set up two-factor authentication” button
- Enter your password to get to the two-factor configuration screen.
- Open a supported two-factor authentication app on your device (we suggest Google Authenticator).
- Scan the QR code or enter the alphanumeric code into the app.
- Enter the generated code in the form.
You will be presented with an option to download a set of recovery codes. These codes can be used any
time (one time per code), in case you lose your device. It’s important to save these codes in a secure
Try it out. Log out of your account and log back in. You will be prompted to enter a one-time code
generated by the supported application.