Does Replicated have any resources to help me generate example or starter documentation that I can whitelabel for my end customers to use when installing my app?
Replicated maintains a starter repo for creating documentation and there are a lot of really good examples in the wild that you can pull from for inspiration.
My biggest warning / piece of advice - DO NOT try to document every installation path to start. Pick one customer environment to ship to (single node online, existing cluster EKS, airgapped RHEL in VSphere) and test/document/deploy that really well. Then move on to testing/documenting your next flavor of target environment. Trying to make your documentation too general at the outset is a good way to build something tangled that will confuse your users and cause more problems than it solves!
The Replicated team maintains some starter markdown templates in this repo:
- Enterprise Section in the Replicated documentation: Overview of Installing an Application with the App Manager | Replicated Docs - the markdown sources for this are public in replicated-docs/docs/enterprise at main · replicatedhq/replicated-docs · GitHub
- SmartBear / SwaggerHub install documentation: (this is the airgapped guide, but the whole section of their docs is great) Airgapped Installation Into Existing Kubernetes Cluster | SwaggerHub Documentation
- Swimlane Platform installer documentation: https://swimlane.com/knowledge-center/install/Swimlane_Platform_Installer/
- CircleCI Server v3.x Overview - CircleCI
- Self-managed Harness and gitops - Harness Experts - Harness Community
- Red-Gate - Glossary - Redgate Clone - Product Documentation
- Modzy - On-Premise
- Wallaroo Cloud Install - https://docs.wallaroo.ai/wallaroo-operations-guide/wallaroo-setup-environment/wallaroo-environment-requirements/
- Cased Shell - Cased Shell Admin Portal - Cased Documentation