Our intention is to run a CI job several times a day, for example on developer branch push, in which we
- build our product,
- create a Replicated release, channel, and customer for that branch
- deploy to a test cluster
- run our tests against that cluster
- tear down
- archive the channel and customer.
My questions are:
- Does this make anybody at HQ flinch? Are we making too many DB entries or other grief outside of the intended usecase?
- Is this roughly how everybody else does it?
- Is there a better idea?
- Is there some kind of Best-Practice CI/CD doc we might have missed in the scuffle?
Thanks for any thoughts.