Facing issue while automating helm chart `replicated release` on KOTS vendor release page

We are trying to automate the Helm chart deployment/install process mentioned here (https://kots.io/vendor/helm/using-helm-charts/) through CircleCI and we’re facing an issue.

In the screenshot attached,

1. The helm chart marked in brown box (for atlas-0.0.1 chart) is added to the manifests/ path via dragging atlas-0.0.1.tgz helm package from the replicated (KOTS) vendor UI. As a result, it creates three files:

• Chart.yaml
  • values.yaml
  • atlas.yaml

which is the intended result.

2. But in case, (for the helm charts marked in red box, postgresql-8.6.4 & redis-0.0.1) when we are creating a replicated release through a CircleCI job,

the helm chart does get added into the manifests/ path but in place of automatically creating three files from the helm chart package, we get only two.

• Chart.yaml
  • values.yaml

The missing one is the yaml file which is required for the chart installation, so it is actually breaking the release as a result.

We need a solution so that adding the helm chart packages inside the manifests/ path with help of CircleCI , also create the third file for us automatically.

Note: The command used for creating a replicated release through CircleCI is

replicated release create --yaml-dir ./manifests --promote ${CHANNEL} --ensure-channel --release-notes "CI Release" --version "$VERSION" --app ${APP} --token ${TOKEN}

Priyanka,

I’ll file a ticket for this, but you can add these files manually. If you set name and chartVersion fields, they will be automatically associated with the chart.

@dmitriy

Thanks for the reply!

Yea, I’ll add them manually for now.

But, it will be an extra overhead in case of a no of charts, so, I believe if It somehow works ideally, that would be a great addition.

Thanks once again for raising the ticket. :slight_smile: