Each License is attached to a single Customer, and some changes can be made to a Customer in the vendor portal that will sync to the license deployed in an application, such as updating the Release Channel that is assigned to a Customer.
However, you may encounter a need to remove the license file entirely from an application in order to upload a different license file.
- ensure the application has been backed up. You can use Replicated’s Snapshots features and the application’s built in backup function, if it has one.
- ensure config values to for deploying the application are captured with
kubectl kots download [app-slug] -n [namespace]so you can refer to them later. The app manifests will be downloaded to a folder in the current working directory. You can find the config data at
- remove the app from the Admin Console with
kubectl kots remove [app-slug] -n [namespace] --force
- navigate to the Admin Console in a browser, and you’ll be presented with the license upload screen
- upload new license
- refer to the config file captured in step 2 to make sure any necessary config items have been set correctly. If a config is changed at this stage, it can trigger pod redeployments which may be undesirable.